Sunday, 21 March 2010

JSR 10 Teaser


Hi! Almost 10 years ago a game launched on the Sega Dreamcast that was so funky, frenetic and flat out fun that it tagged everyones eyeballs with it's unique style and gameplay. It was followed by a fantastic sequel, but here and now I want to focus on the original that started it all - JET SET RADIO! Hard to believe, but this summer it will be the Ten year anniversary of the launch of JSR in Japan, and to celebrate, I thought I'd kick off this blog. Check out Jet Set on any search engine and you'll find a plethora of punchy fan art, amazing images by fans clearly as captivated by the world of Jet Set Radio as I am today. And I want to see more - so what better excuse for us all to create some fresh new JSR images than the anniversary! This teaser poster is just to start us off, what I aim to produce is another image that doesn't just focus on the lovely Gum, but shows off all the games characters...and I'd love to see all you amazing artists do the same. So if you wanna get involved, then gimme a shout - leave a comment here and I'll add you to the featured artists links on the right.....then come June, the idea is that we all post our artwork up here, and this blog will be the number 1 place to check out a selection of awesome Jet Set Radio 10th anniversary posters. Who know's? It may kick start something bigger....Jet Set on XBLA, Wii....a brand new JSR....hey, I can dream :)

14 comments:

  1. Awesome poster Ross!

    I wish I could draw a half decent one. Maybe I can do a vector graphics one for ya if I have time!

    Now fancy making some of these as 16:9 so we can use them on our desktops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb idea man. Loving your artwork too, you totally nailed the style.

    I'll definitely be up for trying to create something painterly in that world... Could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally interested in joining. I don't have a blog account, but I do have a deviantart! Unfortunately, I have to use my old LiveJournal account to post. D:

    http://hajimetanaka.deviantart.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally up for this! Great artwork you got man, and thanks for remembering jet set radio :D

    I'll try and whip something up, and i already got some jsr fanart burried deep in my DA ->
    http://moesamabinladden.deviantart.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i whipped up something real quick.

    http://mrbigstick.deviantart.com/art/Jet-Set-Radio-Beat-and-Tab-159419049

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ill make something special for this epic game...! >:D I'll post mine on deviant art tomorrow, because it'll be done then.

    You probably know to sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey!!

    Where is my name on list?
    i wanna drawn too!!

    \o

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I really want to help out. I've done some fan art in my sketch book, and im a digital artist as well. Ima post my stuff on my deviantart acount.

    I dont have any JSR stuff on it yet, but I will upload it when im done editing it :)

    (my account: http://a-skyfioriginal.deviantart.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for super long delay! Ill try and finish it soon~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's my contribution,it's nothing amazing but it's something haha

    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/142/f/5/JSR_10th_Anniversary_Poster_by_SilentLaws.png

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about the double post. Forgot to link it. It's right here!

    http://blacktothefuture.deviantart.com/#/d2qun76

    It's really late and nothing too special but PLEEEAASE put me down for some of this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did I comment in the wrong place before? Everyone else is posting their fan art here, so I'll simply repost it here.
    My Jet Set Radio 10th Anniversary Picture

    ReplyDelete